5. The 4th hospital trip

 5th June 

Hours after being told Freddie was fine. I asked my Mam to come and look at him. He was awful. 

He was in pain. He was hot. Sleepy. His eyes were becoming more red. His lips were becoming more swollen. He was poorly. 

My Mam came round and said "He needs to go to hospital. He is one of the most sick kids I've ever seen. He is seriously unwell."

He temperature was 39.5 degrees. He was saying he felt sick.

I refused to take him back to Cramlington, so we took him to the RVI in Newcastle.

The photos below are hours apart. From leaving Cramlington to setting off to go to the RVI.





We arrived at the RVI. It was heaving. So busy. 

The receptionist took one look at Freddie and got us booked in straight away. 

We went into the waiting room for about 5 minutes and went to triage and from there we were took straight to a bed. 

Within the hour, the Dr and nurses had done his obs. Gave him medicine. Took his bloods. Put a cannula in and informed us that they thought he had Steven Johnsons Syndrome, he literally had 1 spot appear at the same time.

I was relieved. They were taking me seriously. The were going to make him better. Little did I know what was to come.



Freddie an hour after arriving at the RVI. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

13. Thank you

1. The unknown beginning